Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – Assistant Restaurant Manager
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our team.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager, you will be responsible to manage the daily restaurant operations, maintain sanitation standards and assist servers and hosts during service. Strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
What you’ll do…
- Lead the team by example, keep them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests.
- Work closely with the Restaurant General Manager and Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand.
- Coordinate with Restaurant Manager for everyday operation and maintain financial and administrative records.
- Organize the proper incorporation of new employees (schedule training).
- Create a positive team atmosphere among team members, provide feedbacks and coach them regularly.
- Gather customer feedback and recommend improvements.
- Work with the whole R&B team to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaints, ensure satisfaction.
- Perform regular inspection of food and beverage preparation and presentation and maintain inventory to enhance sales.
What we’re looking for…
- 2 years hotel or restaurants experience in a similar position.
- Technical skills with a strong understanding of best practice hotel operations for the role.
- You are flexible to work on rotative shifts and on weekends.
- Must be fluent in English; German or additional languages will be highly valuable.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!