Assistant Restaurant Manager (m/w/d)
The Hoxton - Vienna
A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible to manage the daily restaurant operations, maintain sanitation standards and happy to roll up your sleeves to assist the team during service. Strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
What you’ll do…
- Lead the team by example, keep them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests.
- Work closely with the Restaurant General Manager and Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand.
- Coordinate with Restaurant Manager for everyday operation and maintain financial and administrative records.
- Organize the proper incorporation of new employees (schedule training).
- Create a positive team atmosphere among team members, provide feedbacks and coach them regularly.
- Gather customer feedback and recommend improvements.
- Work with the whole R&B team to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaints, ensure satisfaction.
- Perform regular inspection of food and beverage preparation and presentation and maintain inventory to enhance sales.
What we’re looking for…
- 2 years hotel or restaurants experience in a similar position.
- Technical skills with a strong understanding of best practice hotel operations for the role.
- You are flexible to work on rotative shifts and on weekends.
- Must be fluent in English; German or additional languages will be highly valuable.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you, no clones in suits here.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re not precious; we leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Vienna.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!