Director of Food & Beverage
The Hoxton - Firenze
Ciao Florence! Numero Due for The Hoxton in Italy.
The Hoxton is getting ready to open its doors in Florence, capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to some of the world’s most famous masterpieces of Renaissance art, architecture and monuments. This eye-candy city is packed with culture and is the birthplace of gelato – we did not need any persuading to make it our second home in the country.
The Hoxton in Florence will feature 145 beautiful bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and courtyard. There is also a basement meeting and events space.
We are now looking for a Director of Food and Beverage to join our team and play a critical role in successfully launching our hotel, restaurants and bars.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for curating all things related to the food and beverage operations.
What you'll do...
- Lead a dynamic pre-opening team, overseeing multiple food and beverage outlets, including a diverse events space.
- Drive revenue through strategic management of commercial initiatives with the leadership team. Your creativity will inspire the team to deliver beyond set expectations.
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch.
- Work closely with the Head Chef on menu development and to ensure food quality and consistency is always where it should be.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You will lead from the front and your presence in the business will be felt by the team and guests alike.
What we’re looking for…
- A track record of leading large teams in restaurants, kitchens and bars; you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar food and beverage management/director role, either across multiple sites or a single £4m+ revenue per year business.
- Multi departmental budgeting and forecasting experience; a clear understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business.
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You’ll be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business.
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to head up our Food & Beverage function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Florence.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.