Food & Beverage Management Intern | The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for a F&B Management Intern with energy, personality and charm to join our team at The Hoxton, Lloyd.
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we have opened our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for an Food & Beverage Management Intern to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property is featuring 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Restaurant Manager you will be responsible to support the seamless running of our restaurant by providing a highly efficient and effective service, ensuring standards are maintained, guest needs are anticipated as well as a good handle on the figures. Along with the Restaurant Manager you will lead our talented team, motivating and developing them to be the best they can be.
What you'll do...
· Create a fun and relaxed atmosphere where guests come to wind down and enjoy themselves Maintaining inventories and ensuring compliance with
cash control procedures
· Serve in any capacity within the restaurant as needed due to employee absence and perform related duties and assignments as required
· Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times
· Understand our culture and be an ambassador for The Hoxton
· You are mildly OCD ensuring that our restaurant and the back of house is set up correctly and kept tidy at all times
· You love to learn about the daily operations of the restaurant
· Complete accounting and administrative reports as required
· Communicate well with others in order to ensure a smooth operation
What we're looking for…
- Excellent understanding of the English language
- Strong previous work experience in a busy and high volume restaurant
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills and competent computer skills
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
- You get stuff done
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- You’re flexible: you don’t care for the 9 to 5 life and aren’t afraid to jump into work at any moment.
- You like detail
- Your glass is half full, always
- If we get stuck in a lift with you, we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way!
What’s in it for you…
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!