Kitchen Porter (m/f/d)
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton Charlottenburg (Berlin)
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favorite cities and we've opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our team.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept. Our restaurant is the meeting of a North Indian communal eatery and a classic European cuisine. It brings together the characteristics of these two traditional restaurants - the tandoor ovens, Indian spices and marinades, select prime cuts of meat, and buzzing atmosphere.
Reporting to our Back of House Manager, you will need to grab your rubber gloves, because you need to ensure the kitchen is spic and span.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Be lightning fast. You like to help the kitchen in super-fast time
- Grab your rubber gloves, because you need to ensure the kitchen is spic and span
- Make sure that our back of house and the pass is set up correctly and kept tidy at all times
- Collect and wash up pots, pans, plates and cutlery and return them to their place, without being asked
- Ensure food preparation sites are clean and ready
- Ensure full stack of plates ready to be used by the kitchen at all times
- Unload food and equipment deliveries and keep the storage organized
- Keep track of the stock and let the Head Chef know, if an order needs to be placed (for example soap and detergents)
- Communicate well with others in order to ensure a smooth operation
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised
- Never say no. We don’t and neither should you
- Undertake any other reasonable request from management
What we're looking for...
- Experience in a fast moving dynamic environment
- You value learning and development and are looking to join a hard working team
- You get your team and know how to best support them every day
- You want to contribute your own ideas and techniques and be a part of a creative kitchen environment
- You’re not precious. You muck in. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t but are not afraid to try new things
- You get stuff done
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
Thank you for applying!