Chef de Cuisine (m/f/d)
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin)
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ll be opening our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Chef de Cuisine who has in depth knowledge of the Tandoor cooking and all that comes with Indian cuisine to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to a new market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany will be home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor concept restaurant, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be responsible for the entire culinary operation of The House of Tandoor and its team back of house, as the menu creation while being the right hand at driving the business to achieve the budgeted KPI’s. In the head chefs absence, you will manage all other culinary areas and teams within the Hoxton.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
- Support the Head Chef in leading a large, dynamic kitchen team
- Be the Chef de cuisine and leader of the Tandoor based, Open Kitchen food concept restaurant, a first for the Berlin market
- Run the day in and day out operations of The House of Tandoor
- Ensure the authenticity of our meals and flavours to the brand
- Together with the head chef create Indian menus that continually evolve and progress
- Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth as chipotle butter, and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to make the best food out there
- Think outside the box and drive standards, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the menu
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
What we are looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience in traditional tandoor cooking, in a busy, bustling environment with freshness and provenance of ingredients as a key priority.
- Strong and authentic culinary Indian experience and knowledge
- Highly skilled with naan bread preparation and service
- Proven track record managing large volume kitchens
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu.
- Managerial skills to achieve budgeted KPI’s in labour and COS%.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in chef whites here.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!