Head of Revenue – Fixed term (maternity cover)
The Hoxton, Brussels | Square Victoria Régina 1, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
Keen to be part of all the excitement around The Hoxton? With 3 openings last year, and another 3 this year, this may indeed the perfect time to join the ride!
Here’s an interesting entry ticket: we’re offering a long-term maternity cover for the Head of Revenue, Brussels role. Working closely with the wider Revenue Team for Europe, this is the ideal opportunity to join The Hox. With so many new openings (plus those from other Ennismore brands), a permanent tenure may not be that far away.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue (overseeing multiple properties) and the General Manager, you’ll take ownership for the revenue strategies and upholding of revenue management philosophy within the team.
The Hoxton, Brussels is our 12th Hoxton and opened last year May. We made a lot of noise entering Europe’s capital and it shows: the hotel gets lots of media attention and saw a strong opening year. This hotel features 198 bedrooms of different sizes, a Peruvian-inspired restaurant, a coffee shop, a Mexican rooftop bar with views over the city, and The Apartment - our unique meetings & events concept.
What you'll do...
- With the support of your regional Director of Revenue, you will take ownership for the revenue strategies of your assigned property(ies). You will develop and implement strategic commercial plans, together with the General Manager & Director of Sales, to drive and grow revenue across all segments, constantly monitoring results and adjusting strategies and activities to make sure objectives and targets are being met.
- Chair the weekly Revenue Meeting for your assigned property(ies) to collaborate on revenue management, sales, and marketing strategy. Ensure to understand the impact of decisions on operations and profitability.
- Support additional hotels within your assigned region with revenue/sales/marketing processes, systems management, pricing, strategy, and reporting.
- Regularly collaborate with the General Manager and Sales, Brand and Digital teams on high level strategy decisions across market segments and distribution channels.
- You oversee the reservation process, with the Reservations coordinator reporting into yourself.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc data analysis and reporting.
- Identify and report on actions taken with regards to important trends (i.e., pace, group pace, booking window, booking channel, etc.).
- Responsible for achieving room revenue goals (budget, RevPAR Index etc.) with a focus on profitability.
- Prepare monthly forecasts with a daily breakdown of occupancy/rate and market segment mix along with ongoing results analysis.
- Prepare annual hotel revenue budget, maintain ongoing results analysis, and communicate with ownership as needed.
- Monitor competitors’ products and revenue management practices. Also monitor new hotel development and local market demand generators.
- Provide local market knowledge that helps us stay ahead of the competition.
- Maintain strong relationships with third-party partners including OTA market managers.
- Oversee channel management including rate loading and inventory management.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Revenue Management System. Responsible for forecast validation and daily interaction with system and the decisions produced configuration and maintenance tasks related to the system.
What we're looking for...
- You must be technically skilled with a strong understanding of systems and hotel operations. Opera Cloud PMS, Ideas G3 RMS, TravelClick CRS experience is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Revenue Manager in a hotel or cluster environment is required. Brussels experience preferred.
- You are methodical and have a process-driven approach to tasks but are also flexible and calm especially in times of tight deadlines.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You combine analytical and methodical thinking with high attention to detail and a solution-focused approach.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you: no clones in suits for us.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other, and has fun along the way.
- Fluent in English. French would be a plus.
What's in it for you...
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand, and have a real impact on its current success, with a possibility to integrate the Global Revenue team after the maternity cover.
- Fixed-term contract from now till December 2024. Realistic possibility to stay in the company permanently after successful term.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.