Mondrian Doha | West Bay Lagoon Doha, Qatar
From high-octane lobby socialising to events, celebrations, and business conclaves, every venue pulses to the electric Mondrian beat. With food and nightlife venues spread across eight different locations on the property, there is nothing like Mondrian Doha in the entire region.
What do we expect from you?
Under the general guidance of the Executive Chef or any other authorized by the management, to maintain a high standard of cuisine at all times, to maintain the desired food cost at all times and to produce menu ideas and budgets.
Responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing Pastry operations, while maintaining high quality products and service levels. Required to market ideas to promote business, reduce employee turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. . As well as making sure all “Food Hygiene” and “Health & Safety” standards are adhered to at all times.
Your recruitment must reflect the vision for the Kitchen, you must build an incredible team who are motivated by your inspirational leadership and who all understand that they contribute to the overall success of the business. You will create an amazing VIBE - cool, exciting but also relaxed, unpretentious and accessible - for a great eclectic mix of guests.
How your night looks like:
- The Pastry Chef performs the daily execution of all assigned Pastry food production and service execution while establishing and maintaining standards of operation in the areas of food quality, time lines of food, cleanliness and maintenance.
- To be responsible for all prepared pastry and food stocks (including dry stores) and replenish as necessary, and inform Executive Chef of any relevant shortages.
- To be aware of all relevant food suppliers, their products and order accordingly as and when necessary due to business demand.
- To supervise the smooth and efficient service and production of food from the department by working and liaising with other departments and Restaurant staff, and ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
- Supervise the training of all new staff members in the department.
- Promote the safe use of the kitchen, its equipment and building under the Health and Safety at Work acts, Hygiene and other regulations.
- Ensure all relevant food controls and correct temperatures are logged and adhered to at all times
- Ensure the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all daily paperwork is filled out in accordance to company and government guidelines.
- Ensure Fourth Hospitality is used on a regular basis for both appraisals and reprimands.
- Attend any training that is required by the company
- Monitor all staff time keeping and follow up were needed.
- To ensure all department staff work hygienically and productively.
- To assist in the prevention of pilferage from the dry stores and refrigeration within the department.
- To ensure that the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are supervised and adhered to.
- To control wastage by maintaining the correct stock levels and rotation from dry stores and avoid the over production of food and mis en place.
- To be aware of the required food cost percentages as set down by the budget and to assist in the supervising and running of the department within these guidelines at all times.
- To remain on duty until the following shift takes over or until you are discharged by the Executive Chef.
- To ensure all working areas of the kitchen, dry stores and refrigeration are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times, and especially after your shift has finished.
- To make sure, in conjunction with your team that all section files and recipes are maintained and updated.
- To maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and cooked ensuring it is to the Executive Chef’s standards.
- To ensure all main cool rooms are tidy and clean at all times, especially after each service, so the Duty Chef can carry out daily ordering.
- To ensure that all health marks are collected and allocated to the correct administration.
- To operate the pass service of food from the kitchen to the restaurant, liaising with the Restaurant staff and ensuring the food is to the standard required by the Executive Chef.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in similar culinary management position.
- Knowledge of Pastry methods involved in the preparation of items produced in the Pastry Kitchen.
- Previous experience in high-volume kitchens.