Banyan Tree - Doha
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
"Why work for Banyan Tree Doha?
Be a part of the mosaic team, located in the heart of Mushaireb, Banyan Tree Doha offers an urban retreat that blends unparalleled luxury with modern comfort and architectural marvels. Our property offers a unique blend of Eastern and Western hospitality in an atmosphere of timeless elegance that goes beyond comfortable and stylish rooms, with unmatched sea and city views.
Scope and Objectives
The Laundry Attendant’s responsibilities include sorting, marking, cleaning, pressing, and folding clothes and other textile articles. He/ She is responsible for keeping a record of which items belong to whom. He/ She demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. The Laundry attendant is responsible for reporting maintenance to ensure safe keeping of the laundry assets as well as reporting lost & found objects. He/ She interacts with various departments and he/she needs to keep the Guest’s perspective in mind at all times to achieve the housekeeping departmental mission as well as the company values.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Report to shift on time in uniform and perfectly groomed.
- Is courteous, positive and establishes and maintains professional working relationships with all staff.
- Participate in daily briefing and training.
- Check the handover logbook and follow up on any outstanding issues.
- Fully understand and aware of all the different fabric types and cleaning instructions and cycles to be able to process the garment accurately and quickly.
- Receive, Check, track, record, and dispatch garment according to the treatment requested
- Inspect, record and mark the garment as per standard
- Sorting, the garment per the required and specified delivery time
- Sort the garment per type and washing instruction
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery in accordance with company standards.
- Operate machinery (washer/ dryer/ dry cleaning machine/ steam iron/ press etc.…)
- Apply correct treatment to stained items based on fabric and stain type.
- Maintain accurate records of items washed, number of loads, and poundage of dry cleaning and laundry.
- Transport cart of washed articles to dryers and place in dryers according to load size.
- Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters, and drain trap after each load.
- Monitor levels in chemical containers to ensure chemicals are being dispensed, and notify the supervisor/manager
- Fold clothing and other textile items as per established standards.
- Perform minor sewing duties when applicable or pass them to the seamstress.
- Tracking which items belong to whom.
- Keep an updated inventory of laundry detergents, equipment, supplies and sewing kits.
- Keep an updated inventory of collateral needed.
- Track maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensure and act so that the facility remains clean at all times.
- Anticipating and responding to customers' queries, concerns, and complaints.
- Inspect and hang all clean Garments once treatment is completed
- Pack garments in boxes when applicable to match laundry operation set standards.
- Ensure the Guest laundry list count matches the physical Guest garment count: confirming the quantities of each box and according to the packing list on the box.
- Ensure the Guest garment invoice is issued and logged in the system
- Is responsible for documenting and escalating any variance to his/ her superior.
- Report if any lost and found items are found.
- Assist in conducting linen inventory on a quarterly basis (TBC).
- Maintain the soiled garment drop area, clean and tidy at all times.
- Replace regularly trolleys, in the soiled area when trolleys are full.
- Prepare all trolleys/ racks and outgoing documentation required with soiled garments for the supervisor to counter-check before treatment.
- Assist all staff at the laundry counter for any service request.
- Is attentive and ensures requests are met as per established standards.
- Iron garments to ensure they are impeccable and set as per standards.
- Ensure that hangers are returned and stored in the hanger racks station.
- Ensure that empty garment bags are washed, pressed are stored properly.
- Ensure none of the trolleys are blocking exit routes.
- Assist in receiving goods, moving objects or carton boxes when applicable.
- Is responsible to maintain and store all equipment and cleaning tools. (Vacuum cleaner, brooms, dustpan, mops and chemicals etc.)
- Is responsible for maintaining the whole laundry area clean and tidy at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all laundry personnel and all other departments.
- Adhere to the hotel’s Policies and rules as well as all security, safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as required and instructed by his/ her superiors.
- Prior experience in a similar role is requested.
- Familiar with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
- Good knowledge and experience in Garment laundry and pressing
Abilities & Technically Competent Requirements
- Positive attitude.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to function well as part of a team.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fully aware of FLHSS standards. Diligent attention to safety.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all related personnel in polite and reasonable manner.
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Customer focus: Dedicated to meeting expectations and all requirements for both external and internal guests.
- Priorities setting: Focus on important issues.
- Team Player: Demonstrate cooperation with all colleagues within or outside the department to achieve results.
- Deliver the best: Hard working, consistent, perform well against established standards
- Trustworthy and responsible: Trustworthy, independent and accountable
- Ethic Values: Get things done quietly. Is reliable during good and tough times
- Quick learner: Open to changes. Seek for solutions and improvement.
- Composure is cool under pressure and does not become defensive or irritated when under pressure.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
The Duties Require
- Ability to work on shift weekends and holidays based on business demands.
- Able to stand for long period of time.
- Not allergic to chemical
- Able to push and pull loaded trolleys.
- Capacity to lift up to 20 pounds unaided
- Must possess good mobility, able to lift up, and move objects around: Bending, stretching, and kneeling
- Stand by in case of emergency.
- Working in noisy & warm environments.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21