Kitchen Porter | The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our team at Lotti’s.
Lotti's is our buzzing neighbourhood restaurant. The menu features an internationally inspired brasserie style cuisine with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. During the day, Lotti's is a place to meet, relax or work, and from Friday to Sunday the bar plays host to local DJ talent.
Reporting to our Head and Sous Chef you will be responsible to ensure a clean workspace and any other reasonable requests.
What you'll do...
- Be lightning fast. You like to help the kitchen in super-fast time
- Grab your rubber gloves, because you need to ensure the kitchen is spic and span
- Make sure that our back of house and the pass is set up correctly and kept tidy at all times
- Collect and wash up pots, pans, plates and cutlery and return them to their place, without being asked
- Ensure food preparation sites are clean and ready
- Ensure full stack of plates ready to be used by the kitchen at all times
- Unload food and equipment deliveries and keep the storage organised
- Keep track of the stock and let the Head Chef know, if an order needs to be placed (for example soap and detergents)
- Communicate well with others in order to ensure a smooth operation
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised
- Never say no. We don’t and neither should you
- Undertake any other reasonable request from management
What we're looking for...
- Experience in a fast moving dynamic environment
- You value learning and development and are looking to join a hard working team
- You get your team and know how to best support them every day
- You want to contribute your own ideas and techniques and be a part of a creative kitchen environment
- You’re not precious. You muck in. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t but are not afraid to try new things
- You get stuff done
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
What's in it for you...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Goes without saying, but you'll get a free meal when on shift
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.