Kitchen Intern | The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for a passionate Kitchen Intern to join our team!
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we will be opening our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for a Kitchen Intern to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property will feature 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Head Chef you will be responsible to guarantee quality and consistency in dishes and service.
What you'll do...
- Maintain the assigned station in a clean and orderly manner at all times
- Follow standard recipes and minimising waste to ensure that the restaurant food cost is in line with budget
- Work in the assigned station to ensure that dishes are prepared according to standard.
- Ensure all working utensils and equipment are maintained to maximise life span to operate to full capacity
- Receiving of daily produce deliveries and checking of quality (including weights and temperature)
- Complete quality preparation of all duties to clean, set up, handover and close kitchen to standard
What we're looking for...
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
- Your glass is half full, always
- You have great knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential
- You get stuff done!
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- If we get stuck in a lift with you, we'll enjoy a good natter
· You’re flexible: you don’t care for the 9 to 5 life and aren’t afraid to jump into work at any moment
What's in it for you...
- Lunch on us
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!