General Manager – new opening
The Hoxton - Dublin
The Hoxton is coming to Dublin, Ireland!
The Hoxton is gearing up to open its very first hotel in Ireland in the beautiful capital city of Dublin. This coastal city is steeped in history, packed with green parks and brought to life through music, art and the best social eating and drinking. We’ll be calling central Dublin home but first we need to pull together a team to help us bring the Hox to this new market.
The Hoxton, Dublin will be home to 129 bedrooms of varying sizes, a lobby bar, historic bar, large ground floor restaurant and lobby restaurant, in addition to another first for us - a nightclub.
We are now looking for an experienced General Manager to join us and play a crucial role in the successful launch of our hotel, restaurants, and bars.
Reporting to our Deputy Brand COO you will be responsible for leading in our pre-opening period, to help shape the strategy for our newest property and thereafter take responsibility for the day-to-day management of a successful Hox operation and team.
What you’ll do…
- Lead your hotel management team (Sales, Brand, People, Finance, Operations and F&B) in the successful opening and operation of The Hoxton, Dublin.
- Take full responsibility for the commercial success of the property.
- Make sure our brand standards are properly brought to life and think outside of the box in how we ground the brand in the local market & neighbourhood.
- Lead by example in creating a brilliant experience for our guests that exceeds their expectations and builds a great reputation for The Hoxton, Dublin.
- Make our own people a real focus, creating an environment where they feel supported, have opportunities to grow, and enjoy what they do!
- Play a key role in managing the relationship with the central teams and owners.
What we’re looking for…
- A strong hotel operator with local and international experience; if you have previously done an opening that would be ideal!
- Comfortable handling all commercial aspects, including F&B, and able to strike the balance between commercial decisions and doing what’s right for the brand.
- Passion for providing great guest experiences, rooted in high-quality service that feels natural.
- Someone who leads from the front – you’re only as good as your team, know how to set standards, and motivate & develop those around you.
- Good market & industry knowledge and connections that you can use to make sure The Hoxton makes an impact in Dublin.
- You’re looking for a place where you and everyone can be themselves, no clones in suits here.
- You’re not precious; we all leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to head up an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Dublin.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.