The Hoxton, Rome | Largo Benedetto Marcello, 220, 00198 Roma, Italy
The Hoxton made its way to Italy!
In May 2021 we opened The Hoxton, Rome and we’re now looking for an experienced Receptionist to play a crucial part in successfully bringing a new concept to the Italian market.
Reporting to the Reception Manager, you will be responsible to provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
The Hoxton, Rome is our 10th Hoxton and boasts 192 bedrooms of different sizes. Cugino is our large coffee bar and takeaway counter, and Elio is our light-flooded restaurant. The Apartment is our unique meetings & events space concept, consisting of 5 rooms connecting to our communal kitchen area.
What you'll do...
- You will be covering and supporting the Front Office Team in different shifts, this includes working night shift at least two nights per week
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges
- Deal with the arrival and departure processes for all guests
- Deal with the in-house guests accounting and ensure the accuracy of guest billing
- Assist the Night Manager and Reception Manager with the daily overbooking levels and liaise with all departments to ensure maximum occupancy
- Ensure all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and web site
- Resolve all guest queries and problems with enthusiasm and in a prompt manner
- Ensure all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Maintain observation over guests and guests’ property to ensure security alerts are kept to a minimum
- Assist the Night Manager with End of Day procedures
- Ensures the accuracy of data in all systems
- Report any maintenance issues to the correct department and check to ensure the work has been completed
- Ensure maximum occupancy and 100% guest satisfaction levels
What we're looking for...
- Hotel or leisure related experience in a similar role would be a plus
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, competent computer skills and some understanding of GDS
- Experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar front desk operating system
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, maybe you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
- Excellent understanding of the English language
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you: no clones in suits here
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Rome (and Italy) and have a real impact on its success
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development