The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – Receptionist
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our team.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Front Office Manager, you will be responsible to provide brilliant and genuinely helpful customer service for every guest looking to stay in The Hoxton, Charlottenburg.
What you’ll do…
- You're the first face our guests see, and you have your own way of treating them as individuals, making them feel welcome and their stay special - the Hox way.
- Deal with the coming and going of guests, making sure all bills are correct and contain no surprises.
- Work with all our teams to make sure we're always busy, and help our Front Office Manager with any overbooking levels.
- Answer phones, sort out requests, give recommendations to the best show to see and the latest pop-up restaurant to try in the area - you're the one-stop-shop for our guests to turn to.
What we’re looking for…
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to.
- Previous hotel (or similar) experience is great, but it's not a must-have for us - if you're eager to learn we can teach you what you need to know.
- Must be fluent in German and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!