Guest Service Manager
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – Guest Service Manager
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Guest Service Manager to join our team.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Front Office Manager, you will be responsible to provide brilliant and genuinely helpful customer service for every guest looking to stay in The Hoxton, Charlottenburg.
What you’ll do…
- Support the running of our day-to-day Front Office, leading and inspiring our receptionists to create a memorable, effortless Hox experience for our guests – from when they arrive, over the course of their stay and until they get their bill and head off again.
- Lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
- Contribute to our success as a business, by making sure the right rates are being used, managing overbooking levels and working with the team to make sure we have a full and happy house.
- Making sure everything is running smoothly and looking sharp, working with the team to find solutions to any hiccups.
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even in the most difficult of times.
- Manage the various operations during his service and ensure the well-being of customers.
- Ensure data in the PMS and provide reports to the different departments.
- Manage overbooking and communicate with other departments to optimize occupancy.
- Ensure that all phone calls are answered quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure the safety of customers and their property by following safety and hygiene rules.
- Evaluate the work of the team and organize regular meetings.
- Manage the schedule in collaboration with the Front Office Manager.
- Responsible to maintain all work areas in relation to maintenance and cleanliness standards. All maintenance issues in the front of House guest areas need to be reported to engineering as soon as possible so they can be addressed.
- Be familiar with cultural differences and know correct behaviour for each culture and know the different protocols and etiquette.
What we’re looking for…
- Previous hotel (or similar) related experience in a similar role.
- Must be fluent in German and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- If you’re familiar with Micros Fidelio Opera or similar front desk operating system and understand GDS that would be a big advantage.
- Your glass is always half full and you jump out of bed every morning, full of energy.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!