Morgans Originals - City Of Westminster
From our dazzling location in the heart of London, Morgans Originals offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theatre.
We have a fabulous opportunity to join Sanderson London as Engineering Supervisor.
The role of Engineering Supervisor is a key position within a highly talented Engineering Team. Under the guidance of the Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager or designate, to maintain equipment and building fabric as directed to ensure that the hotel gives the illusion to every arriving guest that they are the only person to have used the facilities.
- To carry out maintenance duties as required. (Will follow the risk assessment guidance)
- To supervise the issue of tools relating to the Engineering department and their safe return.
- To train and supervise the members of the maintenance team.
- To ensure correct induction of all employees and the necessary follow up action,
- To keep all necessary records for Human Resources purposes.
- To be responsible for contractors working on site, their safety induction and maintenance of records of all jobs undertaken and report to Chief Engineer.
- To be responsible for purchasing products for the engineering department
- To source any products relating to the fabric of the building and ensure appropriate levels of stock are kept
- To liaise with contractors and suppliers
- To raise, accept and monitor Purchase Orders
- To accept deliveries in an appropriate and timely manner
- Maintain close communication with the Housekeeping Department
- To supervise the maintenance team any external contractors who may be employed by the hotel to carry out maintenance work.
- To ensure that all records in the areas of health and safety are kept up-to-date.
- To form part of the fire team and assist in any emergencies which may arise.
Health & Safety
- Fully aware and trained on the fire panel and procedures to be component in the event of an emergency.
- Be part of the fire team and assist in any emergencies which may arise.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
- Ensure that you and your colleagues within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to self or others.
- Have a general awareness of health and safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
- Ensure that the work area (front and back of house), materials and equivalent are clean and well-maintained at all times, and to report defective materials and equipment to your department head.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Sound knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and electrical issues
- Understand fully the products and tools that are used within the department
- Electrical, mechanical and plumbing qualifications preferred
In addition to competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- Meals on duty and uniform meaning you’re fully dressed and fully fed at work.
- Free Dry Cleaning/Uniform washing, to ensure you’re ready with clean uniform for the next shift!
- Season ticket loan to help with the annual cost of travel
- Ride to work scheme, a loan of up to £5000 to help with the cost of a bike and equipment if you want to ride to work
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a family member/friend and they pass probation
- Guest Experience(A free night at Sanderson, Complementary Cocktail and Dinner and Breakfast the next morning) after passing probation so that you can experience what our guests do
- Length of Service incentives (extra holidays) because who doesn’t love extra holidays!
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you, ranging from discounted stays as well as a food & beverage discount at most of the Ennismore properties
- Regular Staff get-togethers (Summer party, Children’s Xmas Party, Department nights out) - we love to enjoy ourselves!
- Employee Assistance Programme - We've got your back, we work with a confidential service provider whom can offer support about anything whether it be medical, mental, legal or financial.
- Mental Health Champions – It’s ok to not be okay. We have a team of mental health champions who are here to help, whether it be having an initial conversation through to supporting you to get appropriate help.
- Healthcare cash plan provider to help towards everyday healthcare and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- Eye care vouchers – We are partnered with Specsavers, which means we can offer our screen using members of staff a voucher for a free eye test as well as a discount on a range of glasses.
- Quarterly & Annual Employee awards - Core shaker events are legendary, from different themes to costumes to the food, we celebrate each quarter as hard as we can.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
If the above sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom, documented evidence will be required at interview stage.