FT Front Desk Agent, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Front Desk team as a Front Desk Agent located at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Front Desk Manager and Front Office Manager, perform all duties connected with arriving and in-house guests, ensure that all our regular and VIP guests receive high quality, personalized service, an Engaging, Dynamic Guest Experience and maintain our guest recognition program.
Duties & Functions:
• Actively welcome, greet, and check guests in
• Inform guests with a savvy knowledge of the hotel, its services, the city, and local ‘happenings’
• Ensure all requests are dealt with accurately and they receive the appropriate service, attention, and follow up
• Differentiate between guest types and handle them in the appropriate manner; guests with confirmed or claimed reservations, walk ins, VIP guests, groups, etc.
• Follow up on all arrivals using the prescribed procedure, modification of registration cards, special requests, rate changes, room changes and account inquiries, reservation inquiries
• Deal with all guest requests, accidents, and/or thefts promptly, no later than within a 20 minute response time, and record all matters in HotSos or hotel-specific recording process
• Update and maintain the reception handover book, and pass on all guest feedback to the Manager on duty so appropriate action may be taken
• Ensure guest privacy and security, any confidential guest information is not disclosed and processes are aligned with THE COMPANY confidentiality standards
• Ensure the correct procedure and policy standards are adhered to
• Ensure all necessary supplies are available for the front desk, manage par stock, and order supplies
• Complete the appropriate reports and audits during the overnight shift
• Comply with hotel credit policy as it relates to cash payments; credit card payments; account to company; voucher payments; third-party payments, international currency, etc.
• Encourage up-selling in order to maximize rates
• Ensure work areas are cleaned and maintained at all times
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
• We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
• Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergencies and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
• Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
• Health and Safety
• Food Hygiene
• Emergency Procedures
• Liquor Licensing
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
• Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
• Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table, and any departmental-specific systems used.
• Keep the work area clean and organized.
• Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
• When disposing of confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
• Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
• Ensure compliance with THE COMPANY’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into THE COMPANY’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all THE COMPANY elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by THE COMPANY from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged, or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires the ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
• One (1) to two (2) years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
• Ability to work overnight
• An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as Opera, Go Concierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point-of-sale systems
• Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
• Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
• Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
• Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
• Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb, and carry objects as necessary.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based on business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.