Guest Service Agent
The Hoxton, Downtown LA | 1060 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90015, USA
We’re looking for a Guest Service Agent to join our Front Office team!
The Guest Service Agent will be based at the reception of The Hoxton, Downtown LA. You’ll be responsible for providing a naturally friendly, helpful, and responsive, level of service to all our guests from arrival to departure.
What you'll do...
- You’ll take care of our guests, including check in/check out, billing, ensuring we collect correct guest data, and communicating any guest issues that arise
- Work with our Front Office Manager and the rest of the Hoxton team in executing selling strategies and ensuring maximum occupancy
- Inform guests of all the fun things to do in the hotel, including providing information on our restaurants
- Know the neighborhood and provide recommendations for dining, shopping, and activities
- Proactively keep an eye on all our public area spaces, whether it’s spotting a pillow in the lobby that needs some fluffing or seeing a guest from afar that looks lost
- Assist guests with luggage storage and package retrieval as needed
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges
- Lend a hand to not only guests but your colleagues and team alike - we’ve always been in it together, but now more so than before
- You’ll work closely with the Housekeeping, Sales, and Restaurants teams to make sure the overall operation is running smoothly
- Take health and safety seriously and follow all health & safety standards, fire & security procedures, and ensure you’re working in a safe manner at all times
What we're looking for...
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You leave your egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You’re flexible and open to lending a hand where needed, especially as we navigate reopening
- You want to join a team that works hard, supports each other, and has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- Join a young, fast-growing company committed to not just building hotels but building a global brand
- PTO, great healthcare, competitive pay and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning opportunities to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make, and thrive at work
- Regular team get togethers (currently virtual of course) – we know how to have a good time!
More about us
The Hoxton, Downtown LA is in a neighborhood that has seen a major revival over the last few years, with some of the city’s best restaurants, shops and bars opening up there and many more in the pipeline. The Hoxton, Downtown LA offers 174 rooms designed by Ennismore Design Studio, a ground floor restaurant with exciting culinary partners, along with The Hoxton’s first rooftop pool with restaurant and amazing views over Broadway, the historic commercial, theatre and cinema district and one of the oldest streets in the city.
The Hoxton, Downtown LA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. True Facts.
Successful applicants will meet with the team to discuss their experience within hospitality. Further to this, the candidate will be expected to meet a member of the People team before a final decision is made.
The Company participates in E-Verify