Maintenance Technician (m/f/d)
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin)
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ll be opening our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to a new market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany will be home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Maintenance team; overseeing the maintenance of the hotel facilities and equipment, budgets, regulatory compliances, and everything in between.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Fault repair, maintenance of equipment, plumbing, furniture and lighting.
- Perform general tasks such as connecting equipment, lighting, installing locks and hinges etc.
- Conducting periodic maintenance.
- Carrying out installation work.
- Accurate control of the work and your own work space and equipment.
- Prepare and decorate a range of surfaces (including metal, wood and plaster), applying arange of finishes and paying close attention to detail to create a quality end product.
What we're looking for...
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Doers. You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.