FT PM/Overnight Engineer, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our engineering team as a PM/Overnight engineer located at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
It is the primary responsibility of the Engineer to perform preventive and ongoing maintenance of the hotel, casino, back of house, and retail areas within the property. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and policies, practices and procedures. Engineer must be proficient and versatile in one or more building trades; electrical, painting, carpentry, industrial plumbing, HVAC, kitchen appliances, swimming pools, and general mechanics.
Duties & Functions:
- Receive and respond to maintenance calls in the hotel and casino from guests and other departments.
- Troubleshoot and repair lighting fixtures, systems, plumbing and electrical issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment ranging from heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment, fan coils, chillers, pumps, boilers, cooling towers and energy management systems.
- Work with power ranging from low to medium voltages.
- Operate scissor and boom lifts and climb ladders to access elevated areas such as ceilings and catwalks when certified.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, motor controls, lighting and dimming systems and UPS systems.
- Responds to life safety system and fire alarm panel, locates area of alarm, and dispatches it to Engineering personnel to take action.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Maintain a property wide clean and safe work area.
- Relocate table games according to floor layout and surveillance requirements.
- Handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Complete additional duties/tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel/restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred.
- At least one (1) year in a public contact position experience, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.