Housekeeping Supervisor Intern | The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor Intern with energy, personality and charm to join our team at The Hoxton, Lloyd.
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we have opened our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for an Housekeeping Supervisor Intern to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property features 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Head Housekeeper you will be responsible to support the management of our day to day housekeeping operation.
What you'll do...
· Support the running of our hotel by ensuring our guests have a memorable experience in a spotless and well put together room
· Lead and inspire the housekeeping team by example, creating an environment that lets them be themselves and bring their best
selves to work, encouraging their development and progression
· Take a hands-on approach to training and supporting your team in keeping to our high standards
· Oversee and check the cleaning and servicing of all our bedrooms and public areas
What we're looking for...
- An eagle-eye for detail, you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away
- A natural people person who people like working with. You make those around feel good at their jobs and comfortable coming to you with questions. You're great at motivating others to keep to your own high standards of service
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for getting the job done and done right
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to embark on an exciting career trajectory in a fast-growing environment
- You’ll be able to be yourself and the best you can be in a relaxed, innovative environment
- You’ll work for an organization committed to not just building new hotels, but also a global brand
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Lunch on us
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good times
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces
Thank you for applying!