Executive Sous Chef
SO/ Maldives | Emboodhoo Lagoon Kaafu Atoll, 20012, Maldives
SO/ Maldives invites you to the front row
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and approach to the world of luxury.
SO/ Maldives will open towards the end of 2023 and we are now looking for an experienced Executive Sous Chef to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand.
SO/ Maldives brings together a statement collection of 80 beachfront and over-water villas imagined by renowned designers, alongside a vibrant array of dining and entertainment experience. Nestled on its own exclusive island overlooking the azure Emboodhoo Lagoon, SO/ Maldives will be a new destination for sartorial travellers, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport
Reporting to the director of culinary and with a dotted line to the General Manger, you will take on the crucial role of leading and implementing the revenue strategy for our hotel.
What you’ll do…
- Coach, train, and develop line a dedicated and enthusiastic team.
- Execute, and produce consistently excellent quality food with a constant eye on the highest standards, presentation, and flavor,
- Contribute to the creation of recipes alongside the executive Chef.
- Manage the kitchen operations to maximize service, always finding ways to enhance the guest experience.
- Control budgets with a specific focus on food and labor costs
- Ensure full adherence and the highest standards of culinary health and safety
- Continuously develop your team while finding creative ways to encourage staff retention, leading by example to install a passion to learn and grow.
- Build strong, trusting and respectful relationships with our suppliers.
What we’re looking for…
- You will be an experienced chef with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Someone who loves food and is continually striving to improve.
- International experience while working aboard is vital
- A mentor and guide for your team around you.
- HACCP Qualified
- Someone who is creative and enjoys writing and exploring new recipes.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You want to question the norm and create change by doing things differently.
- You’re grounded, we leave our egos at the door and approach everything with an open mind.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to support our culinary function and bring an exciting new hospitality concept to the Maldives.
- Someone who is excited about a new pace of life and the opportunity to embrace a remote island experience.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!