We are looking for an unflappable, confident Night Manager to join us. You’ll be responsible for leading a team that makes sure our guest experience never flags – even at night. Being our Night Manager is a great step if you’re keen to develop and grow with us – whether you’re currently in hospitality or not.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch, is where The Hoxton was born. It’s where we first set out to do things a little differently, breaking rules about ‘the way things are done’. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and an open lobby, café & restaurant where you can feel the hustle and energy of Shoreditch.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, eligibility to take part in the company discretionary bonus scheme and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift.
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Take care of our guests, which may include check in/check out, handling billing, making sure guest accounts and data are correct, and dealing with any requests and enquiries
- Working with our Front Office Manager and the rest of the Hoxton team in setting selling strategies and ensuring maximum occupancy
- Proactively keep an eye on all our public areas, working with our restaurant and security teams to make sure everything is running without a hitch, and handling any issues as and when they arise
- Lead your night team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
What we're looking for...
- Most important is that you know how to provide a great and memorable guest experience – whether it’s for someone staying with us or just stepping in for a drink or a bite to eat
- Previous experience in hospitality is an advantage but not a must
- People who know you would likely describe you as ‘unflappable’; you’ve got plenty of experience dealing with different types of requests successfully
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!