Director of Culinary
SO/ Maldives | Emboodhoo Lagoon Kaafu Atoll, 20012, Maldives
SO/ Maldives invites you to the front row
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and approach to the world of luxury.
SO/ Maldives will open towards the end of 2023, and we are now looking for an experienced Director of Culinary to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand.
SO/ Maldives brings together a statement collection of 80 beachfront and over-water villas imagined by renowned designers, alongside a vibrant array of dining and entertainment experience. Nestled on its own exclusive island overlooking the azure Emboodhoo Lagoon, SO/ Maldives will be a new destination for sartorial travellers, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport
Reporting to the General Manager, you will take on the crucial role of leading the guest operation.
What you’ll do…
- Lead by example and role model for the team.
- Lead pre-opening system builds, strategy, and property level trainings.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets.
- Oversee the operations functions of the Resort, as per the Organizational chart.
- Increase management effectiveness by coaching and counselling Leaders, communicating values, strategies, and objectives, assigning accountabilities, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, developing a climate for offering information and opinions, providing educational opportunities.
- Analyze monthly P&L and month-end reports, identify deviation from business plan goals.
- Create menu and update departmental SOP Manual, detailing standards of performance, Policies and Procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the kitchen in accordance with Hotel’s policies, standards and municipality requirements.
- Work with Senior Culinary team and is responsible for the team to develop new menus and product development supported by detailed analysis and accurate costing.
- Ensure that high level of food safety management and precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP) are adhered to in the department.
- Advanced culinary skills including food preparation, flavor pairings and other cooking best practices.
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor's degree in the culinary arts
- At least 3 YEARS experience in a similar role
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience in working with budget, P&L, forecasting, and inventory controls.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You’re grounded, we leave our egos at the door and approach everything with an open mind.
What's in it for you...
- Someone who is excited about a new pace of life and the opportunity to embrace a remote island experience.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.