FT Room Attendant, SLS Brickell
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our housekeeping team as a Room Attendant located at SLS Brickell, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
A global tribe of individuals, partners, and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community through our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences, and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery, and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences, and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail, and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Housekeeping Manager, assist in ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness of the guest rooms and associated areas are clean, neat, and well-maintained. Ensure all of our guests receive high-quality, personalized service, and an Engaging, Dynamic Guest Experience.
Duties & Functions:
- Clean and service bedrooms, bathrooms, and associated areas to the standard of cleanliness required by the hotel
- Re-sheet all rooms daily with clean linen, ensuring creases are removed, dust all furniture, fully clean bathrooms, replenish all guest supplies and stationary, vacuum all rooms thoroughly
- Record all serviced rooms on the worksheet, report and record any rooms that cannot be serviced
- Ensure that all VIP gifts are replenished daily
- Dispose of all rubbish and dirty linen safely and correctly
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in a serviceable condition and report faults immediately
- Create and maintain a personal respectful rapport with all guests, deal with their requirements and inquiries
- Handle guest complaints promptly and with thorough follow-up, referring to others when necessary
- Follow key signing procedures and take responsibility for assigned keys
- Hand in all lost property immediately and follow the hotel lost and found procedure
- Assist in stock and special cleaning projects as required
- All guest property is handled in an efficient and correct manner
- Report any damage to bedding, curtains, blinds, and soft furnishings to the Floor Supervisor/Manager
- Report any room that does not require service, “Do Not Disturb” or double locked to the Floor Supervisor/Manager
- Report any shortage of linen, supplies, or equipment to the Floor Supervisor/Manager
- Comply with Health and Safety hazards and report these at once
- Assist fellow employees to perform similar or related jobs as and when necessary
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional guest service
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged, or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires the ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb, and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based on business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.