Assistant Front Office Manager (Overnight)
Mondrian - West Hollywood
Mondrian is a way of travel. With its groundbreaking design and progressive programming, it is a “must” destination for locals or travelers. Mondrian is always at the heart of the most exciting cultural scenes in the world, serving up innovation and creativity for everyone. Mondrian provides a playful framework so that guests and locals alike can immerse themselves in the culture of each city it inhabits. Perfectly nestled in the base of the glittering Hollywood Hills, Mondrian LA has made a name for itself as an icon in its own right. Enter through Mondrian’s 30-foot mahogany doors and settle into your luxurious retreat while discovering the wild within. Welcome to a world of effortless sophistication and vibrant culture.
Under the direction of the Hotel Manager and Front Office Manager, and within the limits of Mondrian policies and procedures, the Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of front office operations. They are responsible for the supervision and coordination of the Front Office, the health and safety of staff and guests, and for ensuring that all staff and guest issues are dealt with in an effective and timely manner.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Ensure/prepare weekly, monthly forecasts as and when required and requested to do so.
- Create and implement procedures that aid the smooth running of the department.
- Conduct weekly and monthly departmental meetings.
- Implement/monitor availability in all reservations systems.
- Check on a daily basis the arrivals and departure reports, and VIP report and communicate to department heads, including General Manager, Hotel Manager and Asst. Front Office Managers all relevant information
- Record any activities of interest or problems arising in the Management Diary.
- Ensure wake-up calls are made promptly.
- Regularly review room availability situations and guests to arrive.
- Records all guaranteed non-arrivals and submit a copy to the Asst. Front Office Manager/Front Office Manager.
- Complete and distribute all relevant forms in case of an accident or theft, liaising with the Security department.
- Record and hand over to Housekeeping or Security any lost or found items.
- Check all credit card postings with interface transfers on a daily basis.
- Check all guest country codes, special codes, promotions, room rates and routing instructions are entered correctly.
- Authorize and sign paid-outs, vouchers and rebates issued by reception.
- Perform night audit duties as required by Policy and Procedures.
- Prepare taxi lists in conjunction with security for late/early staff.
- Prepare recapitulation sheet for Planning Committee.
- Deal with all incoming faxes and inquiries after office hours.
- Ensure guest privacy and security, respecting confidential information
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $66,560 - $66,560
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred
- Experience in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
- Bilingual is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proven Supervisory experience within a Front Office position within a 5* environment.
- Conversant with standard PC packages and computerized systems
- Ability to communicate with customers and peers with a friendly and positive attitude.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Lively and enthusiastic.
- Ability to handle difficult situations successfully.
Assimilate into Ennismore’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all Ennismore elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ennismore from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.