FT Front Desk Agent, Hyde Midtown
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, we offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Front Desk team as a Front Desk Agent at Hyde Midtown, Miami. JOIN THE ENNISMORE FAMILY TODAY!
Under the general guidance of the Front Desk Manager and Front Office Manager, perform all duties connected with arriving and in-house guests, ensure that all our regular and VIP guests receive high quality, personalized service, an Engaging, Dynamic Guest Experience and maintain our guest recognition program.
Duties & Functions:
- Actively welcome, greet and check guests in
- Inform guests with savvy knowledge of hotel, its services, the city, and local ‘happenings’
- Ensure all requests are dealt with accurately and they receive the appropriate service, attention and follow up
- Differentiate between guest types and handle them in the appropriate manner; guests with confirmed or claimed reservation, walk ins, VIP guests, groups, etc.
- Follow up on all arrivals using the prescribed procedure, modification of registration cards, special requests, rate changes, room changes and account inquiries, reservation inquiries
- Deal with all guest requests, accidents and/or thefts promptly, no later than within a 20 minutes response time, record all matters in HotSos or hotel specific recording process
- Update and maintain the reception hand over book, pass on all guest feedback to the Manager on duty so appropriate action may be taken
- Ensure guest privacy and security, any confidential guest information is not disclosed and processes are aligned with Ennismore confidentiality standards
- Ensure the correct procedure and policy standards are adhered to
- Ensure all necessary supplies are available for the front desk, manage par stock and order supplies
- Comply with hotel credit policy as it relates to cash payments; credit card payments; account to company; voucher payment; third party payment, international currency, etc.
- Encourage up-selling in order to maximize rates
- Ensure work areas are cleaned and maintained at all times
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of Ennismore are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with Ennismore’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into Ennismore’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all Ennismore elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ennismore from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) to two (2) years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.