Groups and Events Intern
The Hoxton, Poblenou | Avinguda Diagonal, 205, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
The Hoxton Poblenou is looking for a Groups and Events Intern!
In April 2022 we’ve opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for an outgoing Groups and Events Intern to help run the day-to-day Groups and Events operations for 5-6 months.
Reporting to our Groups and Events Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the daily groups and events operations.
This will be our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
What you’ll do…
- Support the team by being a key contact for groups and events.
- You’re a people person, so you love building up strong relationships with other teams, clients and external third parties.
- Assist with handling requests, processing bookings and following up with clients.
- And yes, there’s some admin... Tracking requests, inputting details such as rooming lists, preparing contracts, invoices and/or function sheets. But let’s face it, we know you love that!
- Tech? No issue. You know your systems and can keep an accurate and up to date database on OPERA.
What we’re looking for…
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Events Management.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You are scarily organised, have the ability to multi-task and spin a million plates in the air at one time, prioritise and re-prioritise as things come in.
- You know how to crack the whip – but make people feel good at the same time.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- You make people feel good - your team and colleagues alike.
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way!
What's in it for you...
- Internship allowance of 300€ gross per month.
- The opportunity to be part of our Groups & Events function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying!