Assistant Sales Manager – Corporate & GCC
Hyde Dubai | Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
It’s always festival season at Hyde where the vibe, music, and company is just right. A hotel experience like no other, we deliver on atmosphere, live shows, global flavors, and more. Representing a bohemian spirit and sense of discovery, Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind. Hyde is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collective of brands created by entrepreneurs and founders with purpose at their heart.
Step into a festival-inspired hotel at Hyde Dubai with a lively rooftop pool, four restaurants including the world-renowned Katsuya, and balconies to chill out on in every room. Let your free spirit discover connection at every corner with live music, common spaces that inspire, and rooftop views of the Burj Khalifa you can’t get anywhere else.
Responsible for leading and motivating junior team members to ensure yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed. Responsible for adhering to the management standards and quality guidelines in the Department set by the Director of Sales.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively contribute to the Department’s financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- To prepare and submit relevant administration tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports and monthly reports to the Director Of Sales.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings; develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To work closely with the sales team in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and to complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- To respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- To set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts.
- To entertain decision makers of accounts in the F&B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- To negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- To contribute to following the conversion ratio of the Group Department.
- To be aware of all market trends and share it to team so that a collective action can be implemented.
- To plan and arrange business trips to expand market awareness of the brand in key source markets.
- To attend the international fairs, roadshows maintain and build strong relations during these events.
- To consistently interact with key clients focusing on high profile guests.
- To maintain an efficient customer database system (OPERA), this is essential in generating sales activities report.
- To update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- To seek out and target new customers, new sales opportunities and initiate action plan to secure new business for the Hotel.
- To assist Credit Department in following up all outstanding balances of accounts in a timely manner.
- To come prepared on weekly Sales and Revenue meetings
- To build and maintain good relations with all Accor Regional and Global Sales Offices.
- To be aware of all fire, health, safety, emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- To keep the Director Of Sales promptly and fully informed of all problems or concerns so that corrective action can be taken on time.
- To adhere to the Department and Hotel’s standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information in the Department and Hotel.
- To carry out duties, projects and other assignments as required by Director Of Sales
- Good understanding of luxury & lifestyle market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional sales and presentation skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Managerial / Leadership skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, independent, and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a sales position, preferably at a lifestyle hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English is a must
- Fluency in Arabic, and other languages, written and spoken, is an added advantage