Hostess – Katsuya (Arabic Speaker)
Hyde Dubai | Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
HYDE HOTEL DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel’s public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
To provide an appropriate welcome at F&B Outlets for guests. To handle table reservations and effectively control the flow of guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome, leading guests and seating them at their table
- Take telephone bookings and maintain a clear and organised reservations book
- Assist in the set-up of tables and displays
- Maintain and update guest database
- Be attentive to guests and resolve their complaints where possible, reporting all incidents to Supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness of hostess station and surrounding areas, as well as of all menus
- Maintain good working relationship with own colleagues, and all other departments
- Correct preparation of all necessary operational material in the back office
- Learn safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Present check to guests and perform cashiering function if needed
- Effectively control guest flow in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover
- Assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment
- Train waitstaff and bus staff in hostess standards
- Ensure the restaurant is ready to receive guests prior to opening and that both waitstaff and tables are ready in line with opening standards
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations within peak times when needed
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to establish a good rapport with guests
- Possess full knowledge of restaurant’s seating/table plan
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Hotel Restaurant Management graduate
- 1 year Hotel experience in F&B