Commis I – Cold Kitchen
Hyde Dubai | Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
HYDE HOTEL DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel’s public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
To cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize together with de Chef de Partie the shift on his/her section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie to write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Head Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good employee relations and motivate colleagues
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Head Chef.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board re change of any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Head Chef.
- Assist the Sous Chef in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good communication and customer contact skills.
- Team Player
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience