Learning & Development Manager
SO/ Maldives | Emboodhoo Lagoon Kaafu Atoll, 20012, Maldives
SO/ Maldives invites you to the front row
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and approach to the world of luxury.
SO/ Maldives will open towards the end of 2023, and we are now looking for an experienced Learning & Development Manager to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand.
SO/ Maldives brings together a statement collection of 80 beachfront and over-water villas imagined by renowned designers, alongside a vibrant array of dining and entertainment experiences. Nestled on its own exclusive island overlooking the azure Emboodhoo Lagoon, SO/ Maldives will be a new destination for sartorial travelers, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport
Reporting to the Director of People & Culture
What you’ll do…
- Lead by example and role model for the team.
- Lead Pre-Opening system builds, strategy, and property-level training including brand training.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets.
- Actively assist in the communication, alignment, and implementation of learning and development-related initiatives across the departments.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs.
- Create and drive company culture.
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Ensure delivery of an effective induction onboarding program to support the retention of new talent and encourage a smooth transition into the business.
- Provide Customer Service, and Product Knowledge training as required.
- Coordinate orientation schedule for all new team members
- Conduct annual training needs analysis and coordinate with department managers to help identify training opportunities for their team members
- Update and maintain accurate records of training activities and participant information
- Assist with the implementation of new policies, procedures, and standards
What we’re looking for…
- At least 2 years of experience leading customer service Training and/or Learning & Development role.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards.
- Significant experience with effective learning and development methods.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills٫ with a good ability to build relations with employees and vendors.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You’re grounded, we leave our egos at the door and approach everything with an open mind.
What's in it for you...
- Someone who is excited about a new pace of life and the opportunity to embrace a remote island experience.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development