Director of Finance
SLS Barcelona | Carrer de Vila, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
SLS Barcelona brings a new variety of oceanside glamor, indulgence and excellence to Barcelona’s vibrant 22@ neighborhood. Here the hallmarks of an SLS wonderland – playful ambiance, VIP treatment, and theatrical experiences - meet idyllic views to set a lavish stage for the extraordinary to unfold. The only 5-star hotel in the city to feature a terrace off every guestroom (471 in total), SLS Barcelona is all-encompassing in its delight, with two pools, a spa, fitness center and six bars and restaurants that create lively food and entertainment within this singular location. A 750sqm auditorium and a dozen versatile meeting spaces round out the offering to form the complete destination - inviting groups, events and travelers of all types to say, “farewell to the ordinary.”
We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance to join the pre-opening team at SLS Barcelona. The Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel focusing on the profitability of the business; maintain accurate and timely financial reports; ensure acceptable levels of internal control; ensure compliance with all levels of regulations and standard operating procedures; and protection of owner/investor assets.
What you'll do...
- Manage and communicate cash flow matters, which includes accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, controls and timely deposits of all funds.
- Comply with all tax laws and regulations of the host country (which affect the hotel's financial matters). This includes responsibility for ensuring that the appropriate permits and licenses are obtained for transactions such as currency transfers.
- Retention of all leases, contracts and other legal records and documents that may affect the hotel's financial position.
- Sign inspection and approval of all Daily Activity Reports, Monthly Reports, Monthly Activity Trend Reports, Monthly Activity Source Reports, and Monthly Activity Checklist Reports.
- Sign, indicating inspection and approval, all Daily Operations Reports, Monthly Reports, Monthly Operations Trends Report, Monthly Business Sources Report and Monthly Business Checklist Report.
- Monitor hotel revenue and expenditure and ensure that it is accurately recorded in accordance with established international guidelines.
- Review and critique variances from budget or prior year and propose practical improvement methods to management.
- Control the investment planning process by assisting management in calculating the return on capital improvements, gathering information and controlling the bidding process, and ensuring the proper maintenance of the property by the evaluation of the scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotel compliance with all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts and legal agreements, as well as proper execution of all operating taxes.
- Assist management in enforcing compliance on all of these points.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in pursuing the financial objectives of the hotels. Ensure that all balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Embrace an environment of continuous growth by actively contributing to recruiting, reviewing and maintaining an inventory of controllers, assistant controllers, accounting managers and other managers for the organization.
What we are looking for...
- You are an experienced hotel finance person, 5-7 years, 2+ in a leadership role
- Hotel opening experience, preferably in a premium-branded hotel
- Technical proficient, with a solid understanding of compliance requirements and hotel-specific systems, hotel and restaurant operations best practices, finance function set-up and standard systems (PMS systems, reservation systems, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in Spanish and English.
- You have a solid understanding of local legal compliance requirements.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike. You make a positive impact.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
- You learn quickly and adapt to SLS's unique culture.
- You are humble and open to ideas. We leave our ego at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and exploring new locations at every opportunity.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Excellent discounts across the entire Ennismore family of brands.
SLS is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collection of entrepreneurial and founder-built brands with purpose at their heart. Ennismore is a joint- venture with Accor, formed in 2021.