We are looking for a charismatic Bartender to shake things up with us as part of the team at The Hoxton, Southwark.
Our latest addition to The Hoxton family, and our third in London, has a bustling & relaxed ground floor bar and restaurant for breakfast, lunch & dinner (and a killer brunch on weekends) where we’re putting seasonal cocktails and non-alcoholic options on the table.
Meanwhile, our top floor bar & restaurant will seat similar numbers and offer a "fine-dining in sneakers" experience - think fine wines and cocktail specials to be enjoyed along the stunning 360 views of the city.
What you’ll do…
- This will be a multi-skilled role, that will be predominantly on the bar, supporting with serving guests, on the floor and the bar
- Setting up and breaking down bar-both behind and the floor
- Ensuring bar is fully stocked at all time
- Show your creative skills with cocktail making
- Assisting with stock system
- Communicating specials and 86’d items
- Cash handling and cashing up
- Assisting with H&S procedures
- Coffee/tea set up and production
- Bar prep
- Maintaining a clean uniform
- Cleaning of all bar spaces including all areas that the guests will travel
- Menu input for specials and new cocktail lists
- Ensure adherence to all relevant health, safety and hygiene standards
What we're looking for...
- 3 years’ experience as a bartender
- Knowledge of EPOS and stock systems
- Strong knowledge of cocktails and beverage
- Barista skills
- Knowledge of bar/beverage preparation equipment and the latest techniques
- Strong service skills in bar operations
- Contacts within the bar industry
- Cashing up procedures
- H&S systems and procedures
- Knowledge of R&B within the market
- Service expert in all areas of bar disciplines
- Ability to complete food hygiene documents
What’s in it for you…
- Up to 28 days holiday (inclusive bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift.
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
Thank you for applying!