Restaurant Manager (m/w/d)
The Hoxton - Vienna
A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, you’ll be responsible for the overall management of the restaurant and the team. Your role is to deliver an exceptional guest experience leading an enthusiastic and engaged team.
What you’ll do…
- Lead a dynamic pre-opening front of house restaurant team in our exciting new restaurant.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
- Drive revenue through well planned and create initiatives and incentives, alongside a strong understanding of the guest booking and profiling system.
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the restaurant business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch.
- Working closely with the Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand.
What we’re looking for…
- A track record of leading large teams in restaurants, you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar restaurant management role in a busy, bustling environment.
- Previous involvement in budgeting and forecasting, a strong understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business.
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business.
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.You’re looking for a place where you can be you, no clones in suits here.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re not precious; we leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Vienna.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!