The Hoxton - Vienna
A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Executive Chef to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Director you will be responsible for the managing of all kitchen teams and back of house F&B spaces as well as the menu creation across all outlets while driving the business to achieve the budgeted KPI’s.
What you'll do...
- Lead a large, dynamic kitchen team in one of the most exciting restaurants in Vienna.
- Drive innovation and create a culture of menu development.
- Have a firm grip on the costs of the restaurant kitchen, from labour through to always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the menu.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
What we are looking for...
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Executive Chef role in a busy, bustling environment with freshness and provenance of ingredients as a key priority.
- Proven track record managing large kitchen teams across multiple outlets and kitchens.
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu.
- Managerial skills to achieve budgeted KPI’s in labour and COS%.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in chef whites here.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Vienna and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A monthly gross wage is offered for this position in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement for the hotel and catering industry. Depending on your professional qualifications and experience the Company reserves the right to offer above this.
Thank you for applying!