Director of Finance
The Hoxton - Firenze
Ciao Florence! Numero Due for The Hoxton in Italy.
The Hoxton is getting ready to open its doors in Florence, capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to some of the world’s most famous masterpieces of Renaissance art, architecture and monuments. This eye-candy city is packed with culture and is the birthplace of gelato – we did not need any persuading to make it our second home in the country.
The Hoxton in Florence will feature 145 beautiful bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and courtyard. There is also a basement meeting and events space.
We are now looking for a Director of Finance to join our team and play a critical role in successfully launching our hotel, restaurants and bars.
Reporting to the General Manager of The Hoxton and with a dotted line to the VP of Finance, you will be responsible to ensure that we meet compliance and regulatory standards, monitor and manage accounts, be responsible for the financial reporting for our hotel, as well as lead, mentor and develop the team, creating an environment where they can be themselves and can feel the value they’re adding.
What you'll do…
- Ensure strong Financial Management within a robust control environment
- Have ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports for the Hotel. The Hotel is operated on a self-accounting basis and includes statutory accounts.
- Manage the Finance relationship with Operations and Finance at hotel and head office ensuring that an excellent service is provided through quality input
- Manage the relevant elements of our owner relationship
- Lead all elements related to balance sheets, P&L, cash management, capital, amongst others
- Provide focussed, innovative and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
- Deliver high quality management information and performance measurement that is accurate and relevant.
- Ensure reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators and use of balanced scorecard.
- Optimise and develop Systems to improve efficiency and information
- Ensure training takes place for users; challenge processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks
- Work with colleagues to ensure that errors are corrected at source and processes amended as required, eliminating rather than correcting errors.
- Lead the Planning and Forecasting process for the Hoxton, Florence and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the strategic objectives
- Pro-actively support the General Manager and lead the finance team in Hotel strategic planning, focussing on value opportunities.
- Manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting within the hotel.
- Lead, develop and inspire a high-quality Finance Team
- Actively plan for succession to develop and replace individuals effectively.
- Develop effectiveness of the Finance function through continuous training and development of the team. Lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance.
What we're looking for...
- 5 plus years of hotel finance experience, ideally already in a Finance Manager/Financial Controller role.
- Strong knowledge and experience of operating requirements from a financial and legal perspective.
- Technical skill, with a strong understanding of compliance requirements, best practice hotel operations, finance function set up and standard systems.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- A Qualified accountant would be an advantage.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you: no clones in suits for us.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Florence and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!