Pastry Sous Chef
SLS Dubai | Marasi Dr, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
SLS Dubai Hotel and Residences is a luxury lifestyle 5-star city hotel which belongs to Ennismore under the wider Accor group umbrella.
Boasting 946 units, with 254 uniquely designed hotel rooms, 321 hotel apartments and 371 Branded Residences, spread over 75 floors, SLS Dubai is one of the tallest hotels and residences in the region.
A wondrous and striking landmark in Downtown District, designed by the award- winning architects Aedas and interior designer Paul Bishop, the SLS Dubai is a unique cabinet of curiosities that never ceases to delight.
- Assist and supervise the agreed standard of food service during shift.
- Liaise and co-operate effectively with all other associated members of staff.
- Supervise the training of all new staff members in the department.
- Promote the safe use of the kitchen, its equipment and building under the Health and Safety at Work acts, Hygiene and other regulations.
- Ensure all relevant food controls and correct temperatures are logged and adhered to at all time. Ensure the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all daily paperwork is filled out in accordance to company and government guidelines.
- Ensure Fourth Hospitality is used on a regular basis for both appraisals and reprimands.
- Attend any training that is required by the company
- Monitor all staff time keeping and follow up were needed.
- To provide a friendly, courteous, quick, efficient and professional service at all times.
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance, always wearing clean Chef’s whites changed daily or when necessary. Ensure good personal hygiene.
- Check all prepared mis en place and food stocks (including dry stores) and replenish as necessary, and inform pastry Chef of any relevant shortages.
- Be aware of all relevant food suppliers and their products. Be in charge of ordering.
- Supervise the smooth and efficient service and production of food from the department by working and liaising with other departments and Restaurant staff, and ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork