Restaurant General Manager
We are looking for a passionate Restaurant Manager to be part of our team for The Hoxton, Shoreditch in our Hoxton Grill restaurant.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch is where The Hoxton was born. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and Hoxton Grill. A classic Chicago grill, bar and lounge in the heart of Shoreditch, open from morning until late. Our roots are firmly in Chicago, but we’re inspired by flavours from across the Americas.
We serve classic cocktails, wine, beer and bites from our old-fashioned bar.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary + tronc
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
- Supporting the pre-opening front of house restaurant team in this exciting new concept alongside the Restaurant and Bars Manager.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll support your team by leading by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
- Working closely with the Restaurant Bars Manager to create and plan initiatives and incentives, alongside a strong understanding of the guest booking and profiling system to drive revenue
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the restaurant business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch
- Working closely with the Sous Chef and Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand
What we are looking for
- A track record of managing large teams in restaurants, kitchens and bars; you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar restaurant management role in a busy, bustling environment
- Previous involvement in budgeting and forecasting, a strong understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business to the Head of Restaurants and Bars for Southwark
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!