Assistant Restaurant General Manager
Our fourth London Hoxton is located in the heart of Shepherd’s Bush, in the beating heart of an eclectic and diverse neighbourhood, With 237 playfully-designed bedrooms and an all-day restaurant - Chet’s serving Thai-American comfort food.
Featuring a large open lobby with vintage seating and cosy corners, 237 bedrooms of different sizes, as well as a central wraparound bar and terrace, The Hoxton Shepherd’s Bush is perfectly located for exploring West London. We’re looking for a Senior Sous Chef to bring our brand to life in our newest postcode.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
What you’ll do…
- Supporting the pre-opening front of house restaurant team in an exciting new concept alongside the Director of Food & Beverage
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll support your team by leading by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
- Working closely with the Director of Food & Beverage to create and plan initiatives and incentives, alongside a strong understanding of the guest booking and profiling system to drive revenue
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the restaurant business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch
- Working closely with the Sous Chef and Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand
What we’re looking for…
- A track record of managing large teams in restaurants, kitchens and bars; you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar restaurant management role in a busy, bustling environment
- Previous involvement in budgeting and forecasting, a strong understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way