Front Office Manager (m/w/d)
The Hoxton - Vienna
A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Front Office Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the Head of Rooms, you'll be responsible for the overall management of the Front of House team and provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service for our guests.
What you’ll do…
- You will ensure all our guests feel they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
- Lead and manage a team of high-energy people who love our guests, by setting and monitoring goals, empowering and developing them, and creating an environment where people can be themselves.
- Management of departmental costs and ensure that all expenses are kept in line with budget guidelines.
- Ensure that all hotel Standard Operating procedures are trained and adhered to, also pro-actively identifying opportunities to improve and enhance processes and procedures.
- Ensure a good relationship is maintained between Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and F&B.
- To be fully aware, and competent in, all health and safety procedures and policies.
- To be a member of the hotel crisis and fire teams and to be fully conversant in all related procedures.
- Achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service to both external and internal customers, forging long-term relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Assist the sales and marketing team with site inspections and be confident on the hotel facilities.
What we’re looking for…
- You know how to provide a great and memorable guest experience – whether it’s for someone staying with us or just stepping in for a drink or a bite to eat.
- You have experience in a similar role, or as an Assistant looking for further development with a demonstrable track record of excelling in Front Office operations and procedures.
- You have experience of Opera or a similar property management system.
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you, no clones in suits here.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re not precious; we leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to head up our Front Office function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Vienna.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!