People & Culture Coordinator
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – People & Culture Coordinator
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we have opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are looking for Brand Intern to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to a new market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our People & Culture Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the daily people operations and you’ll gain HR experience in a fast-paced, young company, supporting people from a variety of backgrounds. Our People team are a creative and ambitious bunch and you’ll get to work on projects and initiatives all across the employee journey.
What you’ll do…
- You will be the first point of contact for our teams when it comes to general questions and requests, fulfilling a key support role within the People team.
- Manage the administration of all core touch points throughout the employee journey.
- Manage and maintain our holy grail, the People Tracker.
- Work with the team on managing our various People Platforms.
- Support with running various reports from holiday accruals to headcount.
- Support the team with recruitment needs, CV pre-screening and telephone screening.
- Support Talent attraction from advertising on The Hoxton website and local recruitment job boards, and keeping our recruitment system up to date.
- Play a big part in making sure our newbies have a great joining experience; from arranging their starter paperwork to setting up their tech, helping out with our group inductions and checking they’re settling in well.
- Support with related activity such as room set ups, training coordination and bot/poster creation.
- Fun-time Friday, get togethers? That’s your domain. You arrange the regular events that everyone looks forward to.
- Get involved in the Team activities.
What we’re looking for…
- Previous experience in a Human Resources role would be fantastic; if you’re already HR qualified or working towards it all the better.
- Must be fluent in English and German.
- You naturally want to help and support the people around you; others have most likely described you as a ‘People person’ and you’re great at building relationships.
- Keen to learn and pick up new things – you have ambitions to progress in the world of HR.
- Nothing escapes your eagle eye for detail even when you’re spinning multiple plates at once.
- Comfortable with systems/platforms and great with the Microsoft Office suite.
- You are scarily organised, have the ability to multi-task and spin a million plates in the air at one time, prioritise and re-prioritise as things come in.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You know how to crack the whip – but make people feel good at the same time.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- The opportunity to be part of our People function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Berlin (and Germany).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!