Receptionist | The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We are looking for a so-positive-it's-infectious Receptionist to join us.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
Reporting to our Front Office Manager you will be responsible to provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
What you'll do...
- You're the first face our guests see, and you have your own way of treating them as individuals, making them feel welcome and their stay special - the Hox way
- Deal with the coming and going of guests, making sure all bills are correct and contain no surprises
- Work with all our teams to make sure we're always busy, and help our Front Office Manager with any overbooking levels
- Answer phones, sort out requests, give recommendations to the best show to see and the latest pop-up restaurant to try in the area - you're the one-stop-shop for our guests to turn to
What we're looking for...
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to
- Previous hotel (or similar) experience is great, but it's not a must-have for us - if you're eager to learn we can teach you what you need to know
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What’s in it for you…
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!