On Call Server at Katsuya, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Housekeeping Team as On Call Server located at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
Under the general guidance of the Restaurant Manager, assist in ensuring friendly, efficient and effective service of food and beverages to all guests in a timely fashion in accordance with standards and individual guest requirements, at all times respecting the company Core Values.
Duties & Functions:
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
- Ensures a seamless guest experience
- Prepares table for service
- Acts as the food and cocktail tour guide, making personal recommendations along the way
- Possesses thorough knowledge of food and beverage menu in order to answer all questions from guests
- Serves food, wine and beverages
- Oversees all aspects of table service
- Provides direct service to guests by taking orders for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Delivers all requests from guests in a timely fashion
- Maintains, clears, and resets table set ups
- Inputs all orders into the POS system accurately
- Ensures work area is in compliance with the Florida health codes at all times
- Must be able to handle cash quickly and accurately
- Must be able to upsell
- Performs proper cash, comp, and check control procedures
- Performs opening, running, and closing side work
- Keeps all stations stocked by polishing and distributing china, glassware, and silverware
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a Server in a contemporary dining restaurant preferred
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.