Director of Revenue
Mondrian - West Hollywood
Mondrian is a way of travel. With its groundbreaking design and progressive programming, it is a “must” destination for locals or travelers. Mondrian is always at the heart of the most exciting cultural scenes in the world, serving up innovation and creativity for everyone. Mondrian provides a playful framework so that guests and locals alike can immerse themselves in the culture of each city it inhabits. Perfectly nestled in the base of the glittering Hollywood Hills, Mondrian LA has made a name for itself as an icon in its own right. Enter through Mondrian’s 30-foot mahogany doors and settle into your luxurious retreat while discovering the wild within. Welcome to a world of effortless sophistication and vibrant culture.
Summary of Position:
Accountable for maximizing the hotel’s revenues. The position is integral to the success of the hotel’s revenue management system. The position will assist in the development and implementation of the hotel’s yield strategies, serving as the primary liaison between the hotel and the reservations department.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Ensuring that the Hotel’s revenue management practices are consistent with Morgans Hotel Group policies and procedures.
- Maximizing the Hotel’s revenues by monitoring transient, corporate, wholesale, and group production, ensuring that an optimal guest mix is maintained.
- Evaluating group booking requests to ensure that the Hotel is not displacing higher yielding revenue.
- Monitoring the sales methodology utilized by the Hotel’s reservations department and implementing all changes/ recommendations.
- Critically analyzing the impact of the revenue management strategies implemented by the Hotel.
- Assisting in the development of the Hotel’s budget.
- Conducting research that assesses the revenue management practices of the Hotel’s primary competitors to ensure that opportunities to enhance the Hotel’s revenues are not overlooked.
- Forecasting demand.
- Responsible for supervising Revenue Analyst and/or Manager
- Meet and exceed budgeted revenues, ensuring that the Hotels’ RevPAR indexes are maintained or enhanced
- Maintain the integrity of the Hotels’ yield chain
Pay Range: $120,000 - $130,000
- Extensive knowledge of forecasting and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into revenue solutions.
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations.
Assimilate into Ennismore’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all Ennismore elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ennismore from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.