Rixos - Lusail
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Rixos Qetaifan Island North will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sqm of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park, and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country’s biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North’s Waterpark attraction. The Rig 1938 is the world’s highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres.
This position is responsible for running an efficient kitchen operation including managing and achieving food cost targets as well as developing menus and recipes incorporated to the Outlet’s concept.
- Oversees and manages assigned Outlets on day-to-day operation
- Develops menus and recipes incorporated to Outlet’s concept
- Helps achieve department and company objectives, action plans and key performance indicators
- Engages each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively to their requests
- Gives guidance and instructions to chefs on fine points of cooking to develop and enhance their cooking skills
- Observes Chefs engaged in preparing, portioning and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed
- Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in absence of the Chef de Cuisine
- Ensures that preparation is carried out to the correct specifications and recipes in a timely manner
- Ensures that all perishable foods are stored under refrigerated conditions
- Ensures proper use of materials in a continuous effort
- To ensure the proper use of knives & chopping boards by using the color-coded guidelines
- To ensure basic cleaning of work areas and carry out temperature control checks
- To plan and execute exclusive events, including the preparations of facilities for functions, themed evenings etc.
- Meets guests’ requirements and needs and deliver an outstanding experience
- College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
- At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience; preferably in a similar restaurant concept
- Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation
- Excellent knowledge of quality food operations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Work experience in Qatar or the Middle East is an advantage