Duty Technician (Maintenance)
SO/ Auckland | 67 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and creative approach to the world of luxury. We welcome you to join us in the front row at SO/ Auckland and become a part of Accor's lifestyle brand collective Ennismore!
We are currently look for a Duty Technician to join our Maintenance team! If you love a challenge and you are naturally a hands on ‘fix-it’ type of person who takes pride in their work then this role is for you!
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the day-to-day operation of the maintenance requirements of the hotel including Pool, spa and water feature pump and motors, automatic chemical dispensers, VSD motors and control, Saflok electronic door lock, Storm water and sewerage pump and controls, Chillers and air handling units and control, and TV system.
- Complete daily plant rounds and note for repair any equipment that may appear or sound faulty.
- Carry out maintenance on mechanical equipment and water reticulation to ensure acceptable availability and reliability.
- Assist in the keeping up to date records on the repair and maintenance of plant and equipment
- On completion of daily rounds sign off any relevant section of the Maintenance Manuals.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager regarding all work in guest rooms and public areas to ensure out of order areas of the hotel are brought back into use as soon as possible.
- 1 years’ previous experience in a similar role
- Designated trade behind you is highly advantageous
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Initiates contacts and establishes rapport easily
- Organises time and work efficiently
- Excellent numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have working rights in New Zealand
- Staff meal provided per shift
- Uniform and dry-cleaning of uniform
- International accommodation and retail discounts across varying Accor Hotels properties
- Family & Friends Hotel Discounts
- Opportunities for further development and worldwide career progression within Accor
- Annual reward of a free night's accommodation at the hotel (did we say there is breakfast and dinner included?)