The Hoxton - Firenze
Ciao Florence! Numero Due for The Hoxton in Italy.
The Hoxton is getting ready to open its doors in Florence, capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to some of the world’s most famous masterpieces of Renaissance art, architecture and monuments. This eye-candy city is packed with culture and is the birthplace of gelato – we did not need any persuading to make it our second home in the country.
The Hoxton in Florence will feature 145 beautiful bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and courtyard. There is also a basement meeting and events space.
We are now looking for a Head Chef to join our team and play a critical role in successfully launching our hotel, restaurants and bars.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Director you will be responsible for the managing of all kitchen teams and back of house F&B spaces as well as the menu creation across all outlets while driving the business to achieve the budgeted KPI’s.
What you’ll do…
- Lead a large, dynamic kitchen team in one of the most exciting restaurants in Edinburgh.
- Drive innovation and create a culture of menu development.
- Have a firm grip on the costs of the restaurant kitchen, from labour through to always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the menu.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
What we are looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Head Chef role in a busy, bustling environment with freshness and provenance of ingredients as a key priority.
- Proven track record managing large kitchen teams across multiple outlets and kitchens.
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu.
- Managerial skills to achieve budgeted KPI’s in labour and COS%.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in chef whites here.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Florence and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!