Junior Sous Chef
Rixos - Lusail
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Rixos Qetaifan Island North will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sqm of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park, and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country’s biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North’s Waterpark attraction. The Rig 1938 is the world’s highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres.
Jr. Sous Chef
- Accountable for the quality, consistency, and production of the food.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff
- Develops and trains the team to improve results.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures standards and procedures are followed.
- Setting and ensuring culinary standards and responsibilities are met.
- Recognizes quality products, presentations, and flavors.
- To ensure that the assigned kitchen is managed efficiently according to the established concept statement.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates, implementing the multi-tasking principle.
- To check subordinates’ performance periodically.
- To be a hands-on manager and always present in the operation, especially during busy periods.
- To implement flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, and inventory items, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the requisitioning, storage, and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service, and menu.
- To liaise with the Food & Beverage department on daily operations and quality control.
- To handle guest inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow-up with guests.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to operational standards.
- To always ensure and enforce the respect of the HACCP manual.
- To report immediately any HACCP-related issue to the Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef.
- To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of the house.
- To liaise and organize with assigned Stewards and the chefs that the established cleaning schedules strictly adhere to.
- Diploma in Hospitality & Catering
- Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Basic Hospitality or Catering training
- Basic Food Hygiene, HACCP certification
- Previous experience in a similar capacity is preferred; or in a Supervisory role for at least 4 years