Banyan Tree - Alula
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
Behind a stunning neoclassical façade in the heart of one of the world's most dynamic cities lies our exceptional 5-star hotel. Welcome to Sofitel London St James. The magnificent architecture, the glamorous West End lifestyle, British refinement with just a touch of audacity... Everything you love about London is showcased here. French elegance, which Sofitel embodies so well, only enhances your experience.
The Role of Security Officer
An amazing opportunity has arisen to join The Sofitel London St James Team as a Security Officer. This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
As a Security Officer, you will be responsible to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Security Department and that all related Fire, Emergency and Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, throughout the hotel, in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. You will also maximise prevention of crime and help minimising financial loss and ensure the protection of the Sofitel St James’s Heartists and Guests.
- To work within the parameters of the security manual and the hotels policy and procedures.
- To prevent theft and damage to the property of guest, staff and the company.
- To respond to all alarms and act as directed in respect of any emergency situation.
- To assist the police and other agencies in the protection of visiting Royalty, Government Ministers and celebrities.
- Assist Security Officers and Security Manager at various functions.
- Assist guests and staff members to evacuate the building at the time of emergencies, ensuring that panic is minimised and control maintained.
- To maintain the security office, update the security records, deal with incidents, and deal with all persons entering via the staff entrance.
- To report and investigate all thefts and criminal offences.
- To constantly strive for consistent bag checks and contractors ID card checks on a daily basis.
- To maximise prevention of crime through regular presence in all areas of the hotel.
- To ensure all colleagues have a sound knowledge of Hotel Security procedures and are fully briefed on the importance of Security Awareness.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of Ambassadors by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- To ensure that all Ambassadors have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the Hotel’s Policy and Procedures.
• Experienced as a Security Officer in a five-star environment.
• Fire prevention and first aid knowledge.
• Good literacy and communication kills must have excellent verbal and written English.
• Possess good telephone manners.
• A quick learner with a personable personality.
• Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Strong customer care skills and ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail
• A high standard of personal presentation with confident, professional and welcoming personality
Your team and working environment:
In 1-2 sentences, introduce the team, property or office environment in a way that reflects the culture
Note: Customization may be included for any specific local or legislative requirements, such as work permits
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.